All property photos
With soaring views of Tomales Bay and the rolling pastureland beyond, this Inverness home offers a quiet place to retreat. Built on over one acre, this 3 bedroom, 2 bath home was designed to highlight the views while simultaneously more recent remodels have created wonderful indoor spaces to enjoy. The remodeled kitchen includes cherry cabinets, quartz counters, and access to an outdoor deck. The Great room features built in fir cabinetry, desk and corner sofas together with a vaulted ceiling, oversized skylights, wood stove, and a wall of windows and doors in which to access the deck and views. Upstairs is the Master Suite with open beam ceiling, full wall of windows with incredible views, double closets and remodeled bath. Enjoy this tranquil, private and exceptional setting with its refined details and take advantage of quick access to Inverness Park Market and restaurants, Point Reyes Station, and the incredible trails and beaches of the Pt Reyes National Seashore.
- 3 Bedroom | 2 Bathroom | 1803 sq ft
- 07 Acres
- Built in 1992; Remodeled 2005 & 2017
- Spectacular views
- Incredible indoor/outdoor flow
- High ceilings
- Work Shed
- Elevator Lift from parking to deck
- Storage space below
- Remodeled in 2017
- Cherry cabinets
- Quartz countertops
- Stainless range
- Counter eating
- Window garden box over sink
- Access to deck
- Dining/Kitchen flow
- Living Room
- Great Room with vaulted ceilings
- Wall of windows/doors with views
- Indoor/Outdoor flow to deck – full length of house
- Built in Fir cabinetry, desk, corner sofa
- Master Suite
- Wall of windows with incredible views
- Open beam ceiling
- Double closets
- Bath in window nook
- Remodeled baths
- Lower bedroom with view and deck access
Seller would like to include most furniture and household items in the sale.
What We Love
- Quiet get-away location with easy access to great hiking trails and coast in Pt. Reyes National Seashore and Tomales Bay State Park
- Sweeping views of Tomales Bay
- Comfortable, multi-use great room
- Warm wood cabinets and built-ins
- Guest bedrooms and bathroom on main floor separated from master bedroom on upper floor
List of Upgrades
- 1992: House purchased as 90% new build on 1986 foundation
- 1998-1999: Kitchen remodel with installation of cherry wood cabinets and bar
- 1999: Original narrow deck expanded on kitchen side to enlarge outdoor space
- 2004-2005: Both bathrooms remodeled with upgraded cabinets, countertops, sinks, tile flooring, new shower stall upstairs. Roof replaced.
- 2009: Outdoor elevator installed.
- 2012: Trane 95% efficient central heat furnace installed to replace previous 90% efficient furnace.
- 2013: Deck's full-length pressure washed, stained (Larry Brown).
- 2015: Second water heater added to supply downstairs guest bedrooms and bath. Water heater for kitchen and master bath replaced. New Bosch stacked washer and dryer installed.
- 2017-18: Kitchen tile countertop replaced with quartz, new sink and faucet, cherry cabinets refurbished, electrical circuit upgrade; new external doors.
- 2019: Additional ceiling and wall lamps installed in living room (Larry Brown). New Shaw berber carpeting installed in Living and bedrooms.
- 2020: New GE electric stove and oven installed. Milgard sliding door and window replaced due to seal leakage from marine climate. By 2020 most windows had gradually been replaced by Milgard due to moisture intrusion. Electrical meter box replaced at roadside under permit.
West Marin is a corner of heaven - there are miles and miles of beaches and trails to explore, kayaking and sailing, beachcombing and surfing, wildflower walks, horseback riding, and then an incredible bounty of locally sourced farm-to-table deliciousness - cheeses from Cowgirl Creamery, Point Reyes Farmstead, Tomales Bay and BiValve, Breads and pastries from Brickmaiden Breads and Bovine Bakery, oysters from Hog Island and Tomales Bay, sparkling wine from Point Reyes Vineyards, sparkling mead from Heidrun, and the best produce from local farmers markets and small farms like Little Wing, Table Top, and Gospel Flat, as well as delicious meals from Saltwater Oyster Depot, SideStreet Kitchen, Marshall Store.
The community is thriving, diverse, and engaged. Whether you live here full time or part time, there are vibrant community organizations, lively traditions, and a wide range of local groups, activities and resources to connect with. Tune into KWMR, the West Marin Feed, and the Point Reyes Light to get a flavor of what a very special community this is.